Thursday, October 22, 2009

The End of the World.

So, according to the Mayans and a bunch of other soothsayers, the end of the world is going to occur on December 21, 2012. Let the countdown begin.

I, for one, do not have a problem with it. If, we could actually count on this as fact, just think of all the things we would not have to think about.

  1. Will Social Security be there when I retire.
  2. Is recycling really going to make a difference or can I throw my water bottle into the trash
  3. Cholesterol. Bring on the bacon and cookies.
  4. Who will feed my dog after I'm gone

    Now, granted I'm a glass half full kind of girl, but the idea of everything ending all at once is a bit appealing. No worry about who you are leaving behind, and no pain of having loved ones leave you all too soon. For sure 2012 is just around the corner, but if that is indeed the date of destruction...well, what are you gonna do.

    There are a large number of people out there who are preparing for it, which really confuses me. What exactly do you need to do to get ready for the end of the world?

    So while most of us will look forward to December 22, 2012...there's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there.

    2 comments:

    1. Great post. I'd like to think that even if we don't actually believe the world is going to end we can observe some of things you mentioned (like having more bacon and being less worried about it).

      One thing you can count on though - if we're all still here on Dec 22nd Armageddon will be rescheduled. I just hope this time it's sometime in mid February when it's cold and miserable. Christmas isn't really an ideal time for Doomsday ya know?

      ReplyDelete