Thursday, October 29, 2009

Knitter's Alert: Project Linus Needs You

Before the arthritis in her hands caused her fingers to spasm to the point where she could no longer hold onto a knitting or crocheting needle, my mom worked with yarn. Over the years, I had more hand knit sweaters than I could possibly wear. I still have many of them, a reminder of a younger woman who could create a sweater without a pattern.

Over the years when the sweaters became harder to make, she turned to afghans, baby hats and baby blankets. Which gets me to the point I'm trying to make. Most of us know of knitters who have run out of people to whom to give these treasures.

Enter Project Linus. These volunteer "blanketeers" knit, sew and crochet blankets for local children in need. A blanket is created and local organizers will direct you about the collection and distributiono of the finished goods.

Coming into this holiday season, think about making a blanket for a child in the hospital, or a shelter. Check out their website and start creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment