Friday, February 26, 2010

Looking for the First Robin of Spring


So the week started with great promise. Spring training has officially started. This year's off season went relatively quickly. As we all know, the Yankees won the World Series (YAY), which took us into November. NY football was still alive well into January, and the Olympics have kept me busy the last couple of weeks. So, while the boys of summer are getting into shape (aah, let me just think on that a moment), there is still another month of dreariness before we start seeing the first signs of Spring.

It has been snowing for over 24 hours now. There is at least a foot of snow and our snowblower died. *$%#@#$!!!!! Today, my life officially sucks. Even my dog is unhappy. My brother had a dog, Truffles the beagle, who was dumb as a doorpost, but if you let him out, he did his business and came back in...no more than 5 minutes. I have never had a dog like that. Every dog I have ever had, needed to be walked. That's really my fault, as I always felt it was good for the dog, and me, to walk a couple of times a day. But snow really throws off their senses.

This morning we started out walking in the street, no sidewalks were shoveled. Well, she doesn't like walking in the street, so she kept pulling my arm out of the socket to try getting back to the sidewalk. Of course, her favorite places were too deep to get to, so we walked, and walked, and walked. I think most dog owners have been there. It is one of the joys of owning a dog. They are on there own time schedule, whether you like it or not.

Afterward, she gets to sleep all day, and I have to try not have my heart explode as I clear the sidewalk...so the princess can go for her afternoon walk.

1 comment:

  1. I love dogs except for winter because of that very reason. We always had a dog that would do what it needed to do on it's own until this one. I have shoveled the yard too many times!!!

    ReplyDelete