Thursday, October 18, 2012

And On A Thursday, She Created Sniglisms

Sniglisms. Don't bother to look it up, it doesn't exist.

Sniglisms is word I made up to create another category for the more acceptable sniglet. And yes, you can look that up.

snig·let

[snig-lit] 
noun
any word coined for something that has no specific name

Or basically what the creator of the word, Rich Hall said "any word that doesn't appear in the dictionary, but should."

Since this is the internet and all that, there are thousands of stories each day which are, in my opinion, overrated. And equally, there are thousands which are overlooked. Usually those are the ones I enjoy the most.

Now, from time to time when a whole bunch of things clog up my head, I do a recurring feature called "Random Thoughts from a Scattered Brain." In that, I've been including crazy things I have observed or annoyed me (and we all know that doesn't take much), and my take on different stories I have read. Usually it's things I think should be mentioned, but there's not enough meat there to write a full blog.

Here's where we bring in sniglisms. 

This feature will offer my interpretation of stories I find fascinating, but may not have reached the masses. Full disclosure...in the past I have found quite a few male anatomy "slice and dice" stories...amusing. That's probably not the best word to use...

Anyway, tomorrow's post will be a learning experience...for you and me. I will try to offer some information which hopefully you will find interesting and/or humorous. And I will learn how quickly I can offend people.

Judging from past experience, it shouldn't be too long.

Tomorrow...snuggle up with a Sniglism Part 1.

.

1 comment: