Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Cookie Marathon: The Day After

So the cookie event began at 9:30 Saturday morning and I called it a day, one bottle of wine (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) and 9 1/2 hours later.  Seven different kinds of cookies, and I left the butter cookies until Sunday because I wasn't sure if my cookie press would hold up...it didn't.

Sunday was my birthday and it started out well enough.  At 2:30 in the morning as I am sleepily walking to the bathroom, my significant other decides he wants to give me a birthday kiss...scared the shit out of me...but the thought was nice.

Walked the dog in the freezing cold...where was the significant other now you ask... sleeping with a bad foot...let's not go down that road right now.

As the morning progressed and I realized I would not be leaving the weekend house in time to get home for kickoff, I sent the "Other" and his friend home early with the dog.  I stayed behind to finish baking, do laundry, separate the cookies and clean the kitchen.  Happy Birthday to me.  Getting them out of the house, loading the cooler while baking..burned a batch of cookies, then the cookie shooter decided to give me a hard time...so I killed it.  Put the sucker right out of my misery.  Go to plan B, buy a new one and finish the cookies during the week.

I need to test at least one cookie from every batch to be sure they are fit for consumption, so my caloric intake all day consisted of cookies and wine. 

Happy Birthday to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment