Sunday, June 3, 2012

Looking for God in All the Wrong Places

I just saw a story about a woman who has seen Jesus... in the mold growing in her shower.

Yes indeed, Chyenna Richards from Houston is all over the news showing off what she perceives to be the face of Jesus growing what must be a longer beard everyday, right there in her filthy shower.

Now call me crazy, but if my shower has become some sort of biological experiment, I am not calling in the media for a look-see. I am running to the supermarket for the largest bottle of bleach available. Apparently Ms. Richards has no issue with living with one shitload of bacteria slowly crawling up her walls. AND, neither do her neighbors, who have called her house "blessed."  Are you kidding me...blessed.  I'm thinking I would call it disgusting, but I digress.

So here's my question. Just how long do you live in a toxic environment to protect this delusional vision? At some point either people are gonna start getting sick or...Jesus will start to become just one large black fungus.

What the hell is wrong with these people? Find God somewhere else and wash the damn walls.

In a comment, film critic Roger Ebert pondered whether the ebay sale prospects on the Jesus mold might be limited. That in itself is another sad commentary on the "I've seen the face of Jesus fill in the blank game."

Ok, listen up people. If Jesus is coming back...it ain't gonna be on a gross bathroom wall or a grilled cheese sandwich or a fish stick. Eat your food, clean your shower and do unto others...

Doesn't that just make a hell of a lot more sense?

Wow, isn't this an interesting potato chip...

.



1 comment: