Friday, July 13, 2012

Random Thoughts From A Scattered Mind: Part Deux

It's been another week of crazy. Things are happening, some good, some not as much. But all in all, time is an issue. Never enough of it.


With so many things circling around in my brain, I know I don't have enough time to write a post about all of them, so today we have another installment of "Random Thoughts From A Scattered Mind." Just a few tidbits of things I've been thinking about.

On a serious note to start. I wasn't going to write about it at all, but the more I think on it, there is no way I can avoid it. Penn State. Joe Paterno to be exact. I'm not a big college football fan...pro yes, but I don't follow college games. But for some reason, I never liked Joe Paterno. So much blind devotion to the man kind of left me...bewildered. All everyone talked about was his legacy. To me,  there was something about him which did not resonate as true. Apparently, that thing was that he was a piece of shit. How is that legacy looking now? I hope there is a special place in hell for all these bastards who looked the other way and allowed so many lives to be ruined.. And for what...a goddamned trophy.

Next: So in a case of deju vu all over again, the US Olympic Committee has decided to dress our athletes for the upcoming games in uniforms made in, where else...China. I'm sorry, but didn't we go through this same shit at the last Olympics? In response to major criticism from...well everyone in America, the Olympic Committee responded. "Unlike most Olympic teams around the world, the U.S. Olympic Team is privately funded and we're grateful for the support of our sponsors," USOC spokesman Patrick Sandusky said in a statement released Thursday.

That sponsor would be Ralph Lauren. Worldwide company...didn't ya think there might me repercussions with this Made in China thing. Would it have been so very hard to contract a USA firm to make the uniforms? Does anyone even have a clue about PR...or more importantly, the right thing to do?

And for one last little tidbit.

All I can say to Katie Holmes is...well played, very well played.


2 comments:

  1. how many kids could have kept their lives innocent in that 14yr span?burn in hell paterno.the other 3 need to go to jail&spend some time with BUBBA

    ReplyDelete