Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First The Wildcats, Next The Yankees

Oh yeah.

Time to plan for the championship parade.
Yes indeed, Kentucky has won the 2012 NCAA Basketball Championship, but that's not the parade I'm talking about. No, my friends...I'm referring to the 2012 World Series Championship parade which if the past is any indicator...will he held in NYC this fall. YANKEES Baby!


 Apparently the World Series win is in the bag because of the connection with the Kentucky Wildcats winning the NCAA tournament. In the years 1949, 1951, 1958, 1978, 1996 and 1998, Kentucky won it all. Jump to the fall of those years, so did the Yanks. It was only when the Wildcats won their first title that the Yankees were not crowned as well.

Now, do I want to skip the entire season and watch the parade pass me in the Canyon of Heroes...no.  I have too much love of the sport to give up my 162 games of heaven. But it does send me into this Friday's opening day with a bit of a chip on my shoulder (ok a bigger chip). It's like Yogi said "Deja Vu all over again."

I think I hear Aunt Bethany singing..
"O say does that Star Spangled banner yet wave
o'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave...Play Ball"

ah yes, the Boys of Summer...batter up.

.

2 comments:

  1. We'll just see about this..won't we!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, I'm just reporting the facts. Sorry but we all know...reality bites.

      Delete