Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Dad's Journey: From The Beginning

As my Dad's journey nears the end, I thought it would be a good idea to put all the links to the posts I've written about him, in one place. A few people have mentioned they didn't know if they had read them all and the links on the side of the page can be a pain to work through.

So here in chronological order is My Dad's Journey:

On Yahoo Voices:

"Watching the Light Fade: The Heartbreak of the Inevitable"

On Kat's Theory of Life:

"It Was Dad's Birthday, But I Got The Present"
"Waking The Dead Or Just Napping Like One"
"Life: As The Days Grow Shorter"
"Enjoying The Evening Light With My Dad"
"My Dad's Journey: A New Home"
"My Dad's Journey: A Long Week Later"
"It's A Small World After All"
"Dad's Journey: Another Day, Another Issue"
"My Dad's Journey: Six Weeks In"
"Happy Father's Day: I Hope"
"My Dad's Journey: A Room With A Different View"
"My Dad's Journey: Three Months Later"
"My Dad's Journey: Making Arrangements"

Looking back, I didn't realize how many posts I've done about my Dad. No wonder everyone is telling me how depressed they are. Sorry. Writing about this has helped me immeasurably. It also lessens the need for me to talk about it with everyone. Writing is hard, talking is worse.

Most likely there will only be one more post to finish up this series. I'm guessing it won't be too much longer. For now, I thank you all for the love and support, for the many comments and for standing beside me while I walk this path none of us wants to take.

Kath

5 comments:

  1. wow kathi - i did not realize there were so many written either - and i have kept up with them in writing as well as talking to you. as always, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will walk with you the whole terrain

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is heavy reading this and I do know that writing helps. Nothing replaces a hug in person but i'm hoping you feel the one i send whenever I read. Xox g

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is heavy reading this and I do know that writing helps. Nothing replaces a hug in person but i'm hoping you feel the one i send whenever I read. Xox g

    ReplyDelete