Thursday, January 5, 2012

And the day started with such promise...

It wasn't nearly as cold today as yesterday, so walking the dog at 6:15 was the usual pain in the ass...no more, no less.  Like I've said before, I don't ask for much.  


Sat down at the computer, looking forward to a new post from James Woods, a blogger I've recently found.  Someone, who though it seems is a chunk of chronological years behind me, has enjoyed a lot of the same life experiences, and lived to tell about them.  Saw the new post was there, but decided to do a little real work (i.e. what pays the bills) first, as I can quickly be distracted.


First task completed, time for tea.  Wait for the water to boil on the stove...don't even get me going on microwaving the water.  While I'm waiting, that freakin' huge bag of pistachios (see yesterday's post) is giving me the hairy eyeball.   OPEN ME NOW.    ok.  Start pouring the freakin' huge bag into smaller jars...turn around to check the water..WTF?   Looks like only an inch of water in the glass teapot.  Then I see the puddle meandering around my kitchen.  crap.  As a glass half full kind of girl I think "well, the floor needed cleaning anyway."  


Clean up the water, start the water boiling in a pot...need to make a trip to BB&B for a new teapot, sit down read the post.  And yes, it was worth the wait.


Anticipation, distraction, annoyance, satisfaction...and it's not even 9 am.   Gotta know today might just be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment