Saturday, January 14, 2012

Exploring A Bad Attitude: Oh, What The Hell.

Except for a five year hiatus, I have been a Jersey Girl my whole life.  While yes, the term "girl" may be a bit misleading, it still gives definition to the implied attitude.  I used to think that almost all women growing up in the "Garden State" were the same as me in terms of temperament, however lately I fear...maybe not so much.

It could be that age has induced a strange combination of either knowing too much or too little, losing the small amount of patience I once had, and no longer having the enjoyment I once did of playing along with idiots.  In any case, I now find myself on a regular basis, debating whether or not to totally dismiss people or shove my joyful disposition down someone's throat. I don't think that makes me a bad person.

It does however make me wonder, if the end of the world does not occur on December 21, 2012, how will the tone of my personality change in years to come?  Seriously, I don't see it getting better. 


I'll continue to explore the possibilities, but for now I take comfort in the fact that "Happy Hour" is now the politically correct "Attitude Adjustment Hour."  A cocktail to adjust my attitude...I love this country. Make mine a double.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment