Friday, February 10, 2012

Born To Run: You Know It

Did you ever have a day when you just wanted to fill up the tank and drive.  Destination...anywhere.  Having one of those days today. No big reason why, sometimes when you work from home...the walls close in a bit.  Or, it could be I won't be headed out of town this weekend, no lake house therapy for me. Bummer.  And I'm a driver. No riding shotgun for this girl, give me the wheel...I'm gone.

Years ago when a mood like this hit, it would be time to head down the shore. Yeah it's Jersey..we don't go to the beach, we go down the shore.  The shore for me, is not so much about going to the beach...as it is breathing in the salt air, walking on the boardwalk and ducking into a dive bar at 2 in the afternoon.  Times change, friends to party with in the middle of the afternoon are pretty scarce.  Like the Allman Brothers sing "there's no one left to run with anymore."

I filled up the gas tank earlier, and for a minute I was so close...but there's a slate of things to do this weekend and nowhere on that list is any mention of the Parkway...south.

Oh well, it's almost the middle of February, can't complain about the winter...the days will be getting longer and one by one all of the gang will be getting itchy for a "sick" day.  I'll be ready.

You can ride shotgun...I'm driving.

2 comments: