Saturday, February 4, 2012

Old Is Old: It Is What It Is

Writing the music blog is easy.  If I feel something, I can always relate it to music in some way.  This life blog is tougher.  As someone who works from home, well most of the time it's me and the dog...and she doesn't come up with many good ideas. But in writing, thy name is discipline...so sometimes you really need a kick in the butt to get yourself going.  Or a walk around the lake.

About ten minutes into the stroll, started thinking about how I never took this walk when we first bought the weekend house eleven years ago.  Even though I am now "older", I can do it and try to every weekend. That word though...older.  Is it really so bad? Depends on the age.

As a kid, you want to be older, but as my fellow blogger Jim Wood wrote in a post titled "Young As I Want To Be"..not so good when your kids friends describe you that way.  And Jim, while I never got the enemas, there was some Peter, Paul & Mary in my past. In your early 40s getting called old ain't pretty.  Trust me, over the half century mark..you won't give a shit.

Another word for old is mature.  My mother once said I was mature for my age, but I was thirteen then and I don't think she was talking about by attitude and presence.  Don't call me mature, I'd rather be old.  A mature fruit will shrivel, and that's not a good look for me.  Old is old, once you're there, nothing changes until taps is played. Fine by me.


This old girl has had a lot of fun in those many years. Do I wish I was younger, hell yeah...but that's not in the cards.  So I'll just keep wearing my dancin' boots, and keep on rockin'..until someone dares to call me elderly.

Please let the world end before that happens.



3 comments:

  1. Hahah! I love it! Age is just a state of mind if you ask me. To be honest I still feel the same way I did 25 years ago. I guess that's a good thing. The 80's weren't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the dancing boots a tapping Kat.....from one old rocker to another!

    ReplyDelete